If you’re thinking about getting liposuction, cost is a critical consideration, because the procedure is not usually covered by health insurance. It’s therefore essential to get an accurate cost estimate from a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in body contouring surgery.
How much can liposuction cost
According to 2018 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average cost of liposuction is $3,518. However, the actual cost can be a lot higher, because variables such as surgeon’s fees, anesthesia fees, and facility fees are not factored in.
Factors that can impact the cost of liposuction
- Surgeon fees: A surgeon that has more experience and greater expertise, is likely to charge more for liposuction than a less experienced surgeon.
- Liposuction technique: When liposuction is performed using advanced technology, it typically costs more than surgery done using traditional liposuction techniques.
- Areas being treated: Costs will be higher when liposuction is being done on larger areas that require more time, such as the abdomen or thighs. Liposuction will also be more expensive if multiple areas are being treated.
- Location: Liposuction generally costs more in large cities like New York and California that have a higher cost of living, than it does in smaller towns.
- Facility: Liposuction performed at the surgeon’s office or surgical center, is usually less expensive than surgery performed at a hospital.
When considering liposuction it’s never advisable to make a decision on price alone, the experience and reputation of the surgeon should be the most important consideration.
Would you like more information on liposuction costs? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Naperville Area & Western Suburbs of Chicago, The John Bull Center for Cosmetic Surgery & Laser Medispa is our featured practice.
You can reach them at www.dupageplastics.com or by calling (630) 280-3913.