Are you considering having a facelift? Before you make that decision, you need to determine whether a facelift is the right procedure for you. It’s therefore a good idea to consult with a plastic surgeon to find out if you would be a good candidate for a facelift.
What does a facelift do?
A facelift reduces visible signs of aging, and gives the face a more youthful appearance. It addresses sagging in the mid to lower face, minimizes creases and lines around the mouth, and tightens jowls.
Am I A Candidate for A Facelift?
You are likely to be a candidate for a facelift if:
- You have sagging facial skin. A facelift tightens loose skin on the face and neck.
- Your skin is still flexible and relatively elastic. Patients with good skin elasticity tend to get better results after a facelift.
- You are in good overall health and a non-smoker. Candidates for facelift surgery should not suffer from any medical conditions that could result in complications during or after surgery. Smokers are also at risk, because smoking can delay the recovery process.
- You are in good shape. A facelift is not recommended for people that are overweight, as it may lead to complications.
- You have realistic expectations. A facelift can deliver striking results when performed by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. However, a facelift candidate should have the right attitude and expectations, so that they are not disappointed with the outcome.
Would you like to find out if you are a good candidate for a facelift? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Guilford and New Haven, CT areas, contact The Langdon Center for a consultation.
You can reach them at www.langdoncenter.com, or by calling (203) 408-1396.